Attention students, faculty and staff: Parking procedures for Fall 2016. Click here for details.
Master of Social Work Program
Associate Professor, Chair
MSW Student Information
- Apply Online
- Information for Prospective MSW Students
- Information for Current MSW Students
The School of Social Work at Rhode Island College is a center of excellence for lifelong learning in social work and human services in Rhode Island and southeastern New England. Providing the highest quality education, training and advocacy, the School is committed to achieving social and economic justice in accordance with the NASW Code of Ethics.
The School of Social Work at Rhode Island College is widely recognized for:
- Creation of learning environments that value diversity and creativity, and support for learners,
- Excellence in social work education,
- Quality training for social work practitioners,
- Successful advocacy for those who are oppressed and/or vulnerable,
- Contribution to knowledge development,
- Critical thinking and bold action to address social problems,
- Successful student transition to employment.
MSW Program Goals
Graduates of the MSW program will:
- Engage in advanced-level social work practice that is informed by the best available evidence
- Understand the impacts of culture, oppression, and human diversity in a multi-cultural society.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide their professional practice.
- Advance social and economic well-being and deliver effective social work services through policy practice.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment to work with individuals, groups, families, organizations, and communities.
- Identify as professional social workers and conduct themselves accordingly