ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: If you can no longer log into RIC email, Blackboard or MyRIC, visit the Student Account Page.
School of Management Bridges to Business Speaker SeriesDate: Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Time: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Place: Alger Hall 110
Title: Managing an Entertainment Business in Challenging Times
Light refreshments will be served
- Alan Chille, general manager of Providence Performing Arts Center (PPAC), RIC class of 1982
- Augusto "Cookie" Rojas, general sales manager for the Pawtucket Red Sox
- Jack Mulvena, executive director of the Roger Williams Park Zoo
- Kim Ward, director of public relations at Twin River
- Mike Montecalvo, anchor at WPRI-12/Fox News and RIC class of 1984
Four local entertainment professionals share their experiences, predictions, pitfalls, strategies and success stories from the business perspective of attracting a shrinking discretionary entertainment dollar. How has the sagging economy affected the entertainment industry? What are the latest in entertainment trends? What do consumers consider to be an entertainment value? How much are they willing to spend?
Panelists will also discuss professional issues and paths for students considering careers in the entertainment industry and will address questions from the audience.
Fidelity Investments and the RIC School of Management "Bridges to Business Speaker Series."