NOTICE : Campus-wide Power Outage - Thursday August 28, 2014 from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. Click for details.
In this culminating field experience, candidates complete a teaching experience in an elementary school under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and college supervisor. This is a full-semester assignment. Graded S, U.
8-10 credit hours
- undergraduates and second degree candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 a full semester prior to student teaching
- satisfactory completion of the admission and retention requirements for the special education and the elementary or secondary education programs
- concurrent enrollment in SPED 440
- M.A.T. candidates must have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 a full semester prior to student teaching
- passing score(s) on the Praxis II Content Knowledge Tests, approved Preparing to Teach Portfolio in all applicable programs
- completion of the community service requirement
- a negative result from the required tuberculin test