Certificate of Graduate Study - Elementary or Secondary Mild/Moderate Disabilities
This program offers an accelerated path to special education certification in mild/moderate disabilities at the elementary or secondary levels.
- Completed application form accompanied by a fifty-dollar nonrefundable fee.
- Copies of all official graduate and undergraduate transcripts.
- Professional license (elementary or secondary general education certificate).
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in professional coursework.
- Three candidate reference forms accompanied by letters of recommendation related to education and experience in special education or related field.
- A performance-based evaluation that documents the candidate’s education and experience with individuals with exceptionalities if possible.
- Professional goals essay that describes candidate’s commitment to the field of Elementary or Secondary Special Education, cultural awareness, collaboration, and life-long learning.
- An interview may be required.
Click here for course details.