Bachelor’s to Master’s Program
B.S. to M.Ed. in Special Education, with Concentration in Urban Multicultural Special Education
For students seeking:
- RI teaching certification in teaching English as a second language (ESL).
- Knowledge of the structure and acquisition of language, and of the socio-cultural contexts in which English is learned.
- Knowledge of the nature and role of culture and cultural groups, and ability to create positive learning environments.
- Ability to provide culturally and linguistically responsive practices.
- Ability to design and deliver standards-based ESL, literacy and content instruction.
- Ability to collaborate with families, educational personnel and community agencies.
Apply for conditional admission after completing 60 undergraduate credits. Application requirements remain the same as the Urban Multicultural Special Education M.Ed. admission requirements.