ATTENTION RIC STUDENTS: If you can no longer log into RIC email, Blackboard or MyRIC, visit the Student Account Page.
The Rhode Island STEM Center at Rhode Island College cordially invites you to participate in:
Creating Rhode Island’s Future: Building Capacity for STE[A]M
Friday, May 30, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Rhode Island College, Alger Hall 110
Please click on the following link to register: http://tinyurl.com/RegistrationMay30
Where are we now? Where do we want to be? When it comes to STE[A]M literacy, Rhode Island industry, education and government leaders agree on the answers to these questions. But we still need to work together to answer the question: How do we get there?
JOIN us as we bring together the movers and shakers in industry, education and government to create Rhode Island’s future in
STE[A]M. We will be forming task forces around three challenges:
- Connecting engaged students to increase interest in STE[A]M.
- Connecting STE[A]M skills to increase career readiness.
- Connecting statewide sectors to build on the wonderful work that is being accomplished in R.I.
PARTNER with others to:
- Develop realistic goals that reflect long-range vision.
- Create time-specific objectives.
- Craft action-oriented strategies that describe the approach.
- Establish actionable steps for implementation by identifying relevant people and due dates.
MOBILIZE for action to continue to build capacity for STE[A]M. Participants will leave the conference with actionable steps to take the charge to the next level.