The Rhode Island STEM Center at Rhode Island College cordially invites you to participate in:
Creating Rhode Island’s Future: Building Capacity for STE[A]M
Friday, May 30, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Rhode Island College, Alger Hall 110
Please click on the following link to register: http://tinyurl.com/RegistrationMay30
Where are we now? Where do we want to be? When it comes to STE[A]M literacy, Rhode Island industry, education and government leaders agree on the answers to these questions. But we still need to work together to answer the question: How do we get there?
JOIN us as we bring together the movers and shakers in industry, education and government to create Rhode Island’s future in
STE[A]M. We will be forming task forces around three challenges:
- Connecting engaged students to increase interest in STE[A]M.
- Connecting STE[A]M skills to increase career readiness.
- Connecting statewide sectors to build on the wonderful work that is being accomplished in R.I.
PARTNER with others to:
- Develop realistic goals that reflect long-range vision.
- Create time-specific objectives.
- Craft action-oriented strategies that describe the approach.
- Establish actionable steps for implementation by identifying relevant people and due dates.
MOBILIZE for action to continue to build capacity for STE[A]M. Participants will leave the conference with actionable steps to take the charge to the next level.