Early Registration for Military Connected students
Priority Registration allows students to register the week before general registration. This will assist you in selecting the courses you need and a schedule that works best for you!
Who is eligible?
All students who are using military education benefits (GI Bill ®, VR&E, National Guard Waivers)
- You will automatically be approved to register as long as RIC has your Certificate of Eligibility on file
- This includes
dependents who are using Ch 33 and Ch 35 VA benefits
Veterans / Services Members who are NOT using military education benefits are also eligible
- Bring a form of ID verifying your status to the Records Office (Bldg 4)
When is Priority Registration?
Priority (Early) Registration usually occurs one week prior to general registration.
How do I check my status?
To view your registration appointment time for the upcoming semester:
Login to MyRIC and select "Term Information"
Click “ View my Enrollment Dates”
Select the appropriate semester and hit the “Continue” button
Complete the following steps:
STEP 1: “Universal Advising Holds” are in place on all undergraduate student accounts.
- Meet with your assigned Academic Advisor, as soon as possible, to plan which courses you need to take and have your Universal Advising Hold removed from your account. Please do not wait until the last minute. Contact your advisor ASAP.
- Find your advisor by logging into MyRIC, -> My Academics -> “View my advisor” after which your advisor’s name should populate. If you do not know who your advisor is and do not see one listed, please contact the department of your major. (Note: Students with an Exploring major are advised by OASIS.)
STEP 2: Select your classes
STEP 3: Register for Classes
- Visit MyRIC to register for your selected classes during your registration appointment time.
Important note about negative service indicators: You may not be able to take advantage of the Priority Registration accommodation if you have certain "negative service indicator” (holds) on your My RIC account.
How do I check my holds
Military Resource Center is unable to remove negative service indicators. You will need to contact the appropriate department to resolve and remove your hold as follows:
Universal Advising Hold: contact your advisor
Financial Hold: contact the Bursar’s Office (456-8130, East Campus, Building #4)
Library Fine: contact the Circulation Desk (456-9617, Adams Library)
Athletic Equipment Fine: contact Athletics (456-8007, Murray Center)
Immunization Hold: contact Health Services (456-8055, Browne Hall)
If you have any questions about the priority registration process that were not covered in this email please contact the Military Resource Center at 456-8449 or email@example.com.
Avoid Payment Delays: $$$
Do NOT forget to submit your
Student Veteran Worksheet (each semester).
This Worksheet must be submitted each semester so that RIC knows to “certify” you to the VA. If you are not certified – you will NOT be paid. It is recommended that you submit this form as soon as you have registered for classes.
Link to Vet Worksheet:
Submit this form to the VA School Certifying Official – Earl Bright (via email) –
firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Records office (Building 4) in order to be keep your records current and be paid by the VA on time.