Study Abroad at RIC
Rhode Island College students, no matter what their major, may study abroad with a large number of programs, most of which are not run directly through the college. Students may study abroad for a semester, year, summer, or during the short January term. The choice of program and country depends upon the interests of the individual student. Although you may be interested in learning a foreign language while abroad, this is not essential. Many programs, even in non-English-speaking countries, offer courses in English. There are a number of factors to take into consideration when deciding on the right program for you. The purpose of the Study Abroad Office is to provide guidance about the study abroad process, to help students with their applications, and to facilitate transfer of credits.
- Wednesday, November 14th - How to apply to the RIC Shinn Study Abroad Scholarship (12-1pm in Gaige Hall 130)
Thursday, November 15th - "The Shinn Fund High Tea" Fall Fundraiser (4-6pm in Alger Hall 110 / $15 per person)
Join Rhode Island College Students in their Adventures Abroad!
Follow them on their blogs listed below.
- May Leung, KCP, Tokyo, Japan, Summer 2015. Recipient of the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Nicole Bush, Capital Normal University, Beijing, China (through CAPA), Spring 2012
- Also follow Shinn Scholars as they blog at
- Danyelle Mulin, Ural University, Russia, Spring 2014
Student Parent Study Abroad Blog