Upward Bound Semester Has Begun
Important Spring Dates
- UB Saturday Classes will be held from January 26 – May 4
- SAT Test Preparation Workshops for registered juniors will be held each Saturday when classes are in session from 2/2-4/27.
- Orientation Day for New Students & Families will be held on March 2.
- Summer 2019 Employment Opportunities will be announced and posted at the RIC Employment website in mid-March.
- Spring Semester Awards Ceremony & Picnic will be held on May 4.
- Tentative start date for Summer Residential Program (subject to change) is Sunday, June 23.
For the calendar, please click the following link: Upward Bound Spring 2019 Calendar.
Upward Bound celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2016
Here is a video developed by and featuring UB alums -
Mission Since 1966
The Rhode Island College Upward Bound Program is designed to instill in low-income, potential first-generation college students the skills and motivation to complete high school and to enter and graduate from college. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the high school and college graduation rates of program participants. Upward Bound is committed to providing equal access and opportunity to students from specific target high schools who meet federal eligibility requirements. The program enhances the intellectual, emotional, character and motivational development of each participant by offering rigorous academic instruction, counseling, support services, and an environment that recognizes individual differences and academic potential.
Rhode Island College has the distinction of being one of the first public institutions of higher education to establish an Upward Bound Program. The single such project in Rhode Island since its inception in 1966, Upward Bound is designed to generate in low-income, potential first-generation college students the skills and motivation necessary to complete high school and to enter and graduate from college.
Support the Journey to Success
Contribute to the Upward Bound Scholarship Fund and its future generation of leaders.
Click here for more information.