How to Submit Your Exhibition Proposal to Bannister Gallery
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Bannister Gallery always look forward to seeing compelling exhibition ideas. Application of exhibition proposal is accepted on an ongoing basis.
ELIGIBILITY: Exhibition opportunity is open to all visual artists and curators with an active career. Both national and international artists and curators are welcomed to submit. All texts submitted must be in English. Current students are not eligible to apply.
NOTIFICATION: Notifications of acceptance will be sent via e-mail with in six-eight weeks after the proposal is received. Unfortunately, we are unable to acknowledge unsuccessful proposals at this time.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the application requirements listed below carefully. Application will not be accepted if missing required material. Hard copies will not be reviewed.
- NAME OF APPLICANT, CONTACT INFORMATION & SHORT BIO, 500 words maximum: (Please indicate if the applicant is an artist/artists or a curator/curators).
- C.V.: A copy of your most up to date CV, in either Word or PDF file.
- ARTIST STATEMENT or CURATORIAL STATEMENT, 500 words maximum.
- EXHIBITION PROPOSAL, 800 words maximum. (To help you plan the exhibition, a floor plan of the gallery space can be found here).
- WORK SAMPLE: Artists may upload up to 25 images of recent works. Please include video links for time-based work in theWORK LIST (from personal site or from video hosting sites such as vimeo or youtube). Images should be in JPEG format no larger than 1200 pixels on any side @ 72 dpi. Images should be named as “Artist’s Last Name Artist’s First Name 01.jpg,” “Artist’s Last Name_ Artist’s First Name_02.jpg,” etc.
- WORK LIST: Each image or video link submitted must be accompanied by corresponding information, including Title, Year, Medium, Dimensions, and a short description of the artwork.
- ADDITIONAL SUPPORT MATERIAL (OPTIONAL): Applicants may upload up to three copies of scanned support material such as critical reviews or publications.as PDFs (no hard copies will be reviewed.)
NON-DISCRIMINATION: The program encourages and welcomes the participation of artists from all backgrounds and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, marital status, or nation of origin in its admission policies.
Selection procedure: Applications will be reviewed by the current gallery committee and gallery director (). Information of current gallery committee members can be found on Bannister gallery webpage.