Information for Faculty and Faculty Marshals
We are excited to celebrate the class of 2022 in person on Saturday, May 14, 2022, at 10:00 AM at the Dunkin’ Donut Center, downtown Providence. We are expecting over 1,100 graduates and over 7,000 family and guests to participate in this year’s ceremony.
For our students, this day marks the culmination of years of hard work and dedication. We know you understand how important your attendance at Commencement on May 14th is to show your support for the class of 2022.
Health & Safety
We are taking multiple steps to ensure a safe ceremony for anyone participating this year. They include:
- Masks are optional but highly recommended. Candidates for graduation will be offered masks when they obtain their reader cards. Faculty, staff, and students participating in the ceremony will be provided approved KN95 masks.
- Vaccinations and boosters are highly recommended for anyone attending.
- Line-up and processional in the Dunk tunnel are eliminated to avoid congestion. Candidates are directed to their seating blocks on the Dunk floor.
- After receiving their diploma cases, graduates are asked to exit the Dunk floor and meet family and friends outside the arena.
Faculty Participation in Commencement
- Faculty Participation in the Ceremony: If you wish to participate in the ceremony and be seated in the faculty section of the Dunk floor, please register here: https://ric.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d0bUMxm8Pdu3o7I
- Ph.D. and DNP faculty advisors will receive special instructions on accompanying your candidates. You will be seated with your candidates and will accompany them onto the stage to be hooded.
- Faculty Marshals / Marshal Assistants: If you wish to participate as a Faculty Marshal or Marshal Assistant, direct candidates to their seating blocks and assist with lining up candidates to receive their diploma cases, please register here: https://ric.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgyc5izQRRVW4Qu You will be directed to attend a training session to familiarize yourself on how to assist with Commencement duties.
- For additional information related to Faculty Marshal duties, please contact Chief Marshal Dr. Charlie McLaughlin at email@example.com
Faculty Marshal or Marshal Assistant will direct candidates to their seating blocks and assist with lining up candidates to receive their diploma cases.
Please plan to attend one of the training sessions listed below:
Monday, April 18 2pm – 3pm Faculty Center – Donovan Dining Center
Tuesday, April 19 1pm – 2pm Faculty Center – Donovan Dining Center
Monday, April 23 2pm -4pm Faculty Center – Donovan Dining Center
Thursday, April 28 1pm – 2pm Faculty Center – Donovan Dining Center
Friday, April 29 Noon – 1pm Faculty Center – Donovan Dining Center
Please confirm your availability to participate in an orientation session as a Faculty Marshal for the 2022 Rhode Island College Commencement ceremony by filling out this survey: https://ric.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgyc5izQRRVW4Qu
Chief Marshal – Dr. Charles McLaughlin Jr.
Faculty and staff who would like to rent academic regalia for the commencement ceremony on
Saturday, May 14 may do so at the Bookstore.
- The deadline for ordering custom purchases is March 9.
- The deadline for rentals is March 25.
Regalia will be dropped off at the bookstore. We suggest you call in advance to confirm the delivery. Visit the RIC Bookstore website.