This minor provides an overview of today’s major cybersecurity challenges. Students learn to utilize a cybersecurity mindset and to question processes and procedures to help create more secure environments. Courses draw the student’s attention to writing secure programs. Students also learn how to write scripts, program securely, practice various command line techniques and use hacking tools in a secure virtual machine environment. Ethics, current events, cybersecurity laws and standards will be introduced.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic threats, attacks and vulnerabilities that exist in today’s digital world.
- Create a virtual secure environment to practice with basic networking, password cracking and security tools.
- Demonstrate secure programming techniques.
- Articulate basic cryptography techniques from the past and from today’s world.
- Gain a basic understanding of security and compliance laws, cyber security opportunities and job market.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems is your source for technology-related majors.
- placeCraig-Lee Hall