Student Union & Student IDs

Student Union Exterior
The Student Union provides dining options, student activities, services and events throughout the year

Right off the quad, the hub for campus life for all members of the community – students, faculty, staff and alumni! Grab a coffee or food To-Go in The Café located on the first floor, pick up some RIC Gear in the campus bookstore, or meet the student organizations located throughout the building! 

Student IDs

Your Student ID is your access to everything on campus – food, beverages, library, recreation center access, photocopies, laundry, printing, textbooks, room access and more.  

The Student ID office, located on the main floor of the Student Union, can help you deposit money into your account, access your meal plan, file a replacement card or program you access to student organization offices.

RIPTA Bus Pass

Your Rhode Island College Student ID serves as an unlimited RIPTA bus pass. All registered and enrolled students will have unlimited access to RIPTA routes including riders with disability bus.

RIPTA Buss Pass

ID Funds


Frequently Asked Questions

Your Student ID serves many purposes on campus so it is important to know all your cards feature.

Your Student ID consists of two accounts:
1 Point = 1 Cent 

  1. Meal Plan: The meal plan account feature you can use at Donovan Dining Center by choosing between Board or Flex Meal Points. 

  2. Campus Points: Accepted at Donovan Dining Center, The Café, Bookstore, Student Union game room, Adams Library, copiers, vending machines, laundry facilities in Residence Halls and pay for print stations in The Café and Adams Library.  

Present your Student ID to cashiers anywhere on campus to make a purchase.  

If you are using your Student ID in the Donovan Dining Center, The Café, or Gallery, inform the cashier which payment you would prefer to use (Board, Guest Pass, Bonus Dollars, Campus Points or DDC Points). 

Your Student ID serves like a library card, use it to check out library materials at the Adams Library.  

Membership and access to Campus Recreation facilities is included as part of your Student ID. You can go to the Recreation Center to have your Student ID card activated. 

Your Student ID will receive access to your Residence Hall on move-in day, however, if you need your Student ID to be programmed stop by the Student ID Office.

If you lose your Student ID, call the ID office immediately at (401) 456-8394 to report it missing to prevent unauthorized use. The college assumes no responsibility for unauthorized use of a Student ID before it is reported.  

If your Student ID is damaged due to normal wear and tear, bring the damaged card to the Student ID office for a free replacement. Other damage to the car will be charged a processing fee. Do not punch a hold or alter your Student ID in any way.  

All replacement cards are charged a $10 processing fee. 

Students featuring Student Activities backpacks

Get Involved

Dedicated to the student voice and governance, the Union houses our Student Community Government, all the student organization offices, Greek Life, student activities marketing department, Military Resource Center and the space for Civic Engagement and Leadership. 

Exterior Student Union Cafe

Eat on Campus

Enjoy a delicious meal off our a-la-carte menu including stations such as hot entrees, soup of the day, salad station, grill and more and enjoy in our indoor and outdoor seating areas. 


RIC Spirit Gear

Find a textbook, school supplies, electronics, Rhode Island College apparel and more at the Barnes & Noble official bookstore and convenience store. 

Student in front of computers

Ducey Media Center

Located at the entrance of the Student Union, the Ducey Media Center houses the Anchor newspaper, WXIN radio and the Anchor TV studio. 

RIC Trips

Provided Transportation

If you are attending a trop sponsored by Student Activities you must take the provided transportation in order to attend and receive any discounted ticket prices. The only exception will be made is if you prefer not to come back on the bus with us. For example, if you take the bus with us to New York City and decide to stay longer than our trip allows, you do not need to take the bus back, though you are responsible for arranging for your own return transportation.  

Programs that do not include transportation and are “meet up” only, are not included in this policy.  

Most RIC Trips utilize either school buses or coach buses for transportation. Typically trips to locations within Rhode Island use school buses, while longer trips use coach buses. Sometimes, for special, smaller trips, we use eight, ten, or twelve passenger vans owned by the College.  

ADA Accessible Transportation

Students who need accommodations are welcome and encouraged to attend RIC Trips. Most of our staff are trained as sighted guides and are happy to assist you, if needed, as you enjoy the destination.  

If requested at least two weeks in advance, ADA accessible transportation can be provided. To make this request, please inform the ticket sales staff and contact the Student Activities Assistant, Brittany Murtaugh, or (401) 456-8034.  

There are few trips that might be more difficult to navigate than others, such as hiking and canoeing. If you are unsure if a trip fits your needs, please email  

Wait List Information

If anyone who has purchased a ticket can no longer attend the trip, they are given the contact information of individuals on the wait list to see if they would like to buy their ticket.  

In some circumstances extra seats are made available through the addition of another bus. In those cases Student Activities will contact students on the wait list to let them know that more tickets are available for purchase.  

Suggest a New Trip Idea

If you have an idea for a RIC Trip, we do take your suggestions into consideration.


Rhode Island College entrance

Contact Us

Student ID Office

The student ID card is more than your official Rhode Island College photo identification card. It is a great way to pay for everything including food, beverages, photocopies, laundry, printing, textbooks, merchandise, vending products and student events.