RIC Enrollment Verification
Rhode Island College verifies student enrollment in each registered course by confirming "academic engagement" during the first two weeks of the semester. All students must demonstrate academic engagement.
What is Academic Engagement?
Academic engagement is defined as the following activities, but is not limited to:
- attending a synchronous class, lecture, recitation, or field or laboratory activity, physically or online, where there is an opportunity for interaction between the faculty and student
- posting on discussion boards
- submitting an academic assignment
- taking an assessment or an exam
- participating in an interactive tutorial, webinar, or other interactive computer-assisted instruction with a faculty member
- interacting with a faculty member about academic matters
A Title IV Funding Requirement
Enrollment Verification is required of institutions of higher education who award eligible students Title IV Funding, and ensures accurate tuition bills and financial aid awarding by verifying students are engaged in the course/s that they have registered for.
Fall 2023 Enrollment Verification
Enrollment begins Monday, August 28 and will run through Monday, September 11 (the last day to add/drop a course).
Steps to complete Enrollment Verification at Rhode Island College
- Please make sure you connect with your faculty directly in all of your courses during the first two weeks of the semester. If confirmation of enrollment is not completed by the deadline posted, all courses will be dropped whether or not the semester bill is paid in full.
- Log in to your MyRIC Student Account and review the Personal Information section. Make any necessary edits and preference updates so that you don’t miss important communications from the College.
- As a reminder, your MyRIC username is your first initial followed by your last name, followed by an underscore "_" and the last four digits of your RIC student ID. If you’ve forgotten your password, set a new one here. If you need additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Center at 401-456-8803 or email email@example.com.
- Financial aid recipients must confirm enrollment for funds to be applied to your student account balance or to generate a refund, if eligible.
- Confirming your enrollment acknowledges that you have been presented with and reviewed financial aid, billing and refund policies as required by Rhode Island College, as well as federal and state agencies.
- If you do not confirm your enrollment, your semester courses will be dropped whether or not your bill has been paid.
- Financial aid recipients will not have their financial aid credited to their account or receive a refund, if eligible.
- If you do not plan to attend Rhode Island College, please send an email to letting us know your plans for the semester.