Finish Strong

RIC track athlete jumping over a hurtle

The Finish Strong initiative is designed to help former students who want to return to RIC to complete their degree. We understand that sometimes life happens, whether your job, family, finances, relocation, or you just need a break. The Finish Strong Resource Team is made up of staff members from Learning for Life, Admissions, Record’s Office and OASIS, who work together to find a path for your return.  Our resource team is comprised of representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid, Records Office, OASIS and the Bursar's Office​. Each representative is a specialist who can focus on the specific needs or barriers you may face to complete your degree.​

Finish Strong FAQs

You are eligible if you attended RIC but did not finish your degree. If you have not been enrolled in three semesters or less, you do not need to apply for readmission or be reactivated. Log into your myRIC account and register for classes. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor, contact the department chair of your major, or call OASIS if you are an exploring major

If you attended another school, you must apply for readmission to the College. Your GPA will not transfer. You will need to send your official transcripts from all other schools attended.

f you have any course credit that is 10 years or older, you must apply for readmission to the College.
10-year Rule: Upon readmission, RIC credit earned more than 10 years prior to the date of readmission will be treated as transfer credit and evaluated under the current transfer model. Courses which are 10 years old or older in which the student earned a grade of "C" or higher will be awarded elective credit or, if appropriate, general education credit. The chair of the student's major department may evaluate how or if specific major course credit is to be awarded. If you do not wish to have the 10-year rule applied, contact the Admissions Office at Even if the 10-rule rule is waived, the department chair must still approve courses applicable to the major

Complete the common application, available at When creating your account, please indicate your status as transfer student (not first-year) and your student status as RAD (application for readmission). You do not need to write an essay or provide letters of recommendations. You will need to pay a nonrefundable $50 application fee. Upon being offered readmission, Admissions will waive the $200 enrollment deposit.

For those who need to apply for readmission, a 2.0 GPA is needed. If you need to improve your GPA, you should repeat those courses at RIC as a non-degree student. Repeating a course at another school will not change your RIC GPA nor may the course count for transfer credit. Once you raise your GPA to a 2.0, you are welcomed to apply for readmission as a degree student.
If you were academically dismissed, you must apply for readmission to the College.

As long as you were not academically dismissed, you can easily be reactivated as a degree student by contacting the Record’s Office at (401) 456-8213 during regular business hours. A reactivation form will be emailed to you. You will be notified via email when you have been reactivated, and you will be given your username and password and registration time. For academic advisement, contact the chair of the department of your major or OASIS if you are an exploring major.

Contact the Bursar’s Office at (401) 456-8130 to discuss payment plan options.

Every student is different. Finish Strong can help you connect with an academic advisor to explo​re majors and create a plan of study that can outline how long it will take you to finish. ​


In-Take Form

Please complete the online information form. Your information will be kept confidential. The Finish Strong Lead Coordinator will contact you to begin your return to RIC. If you have any further questions, please call (401) 456-8500.​​​

Completing your Bachelor's Degree

"Greater earning power, nearly double of those without a degree." (U.S. Census)
Rhode Island College entrance


Records Office

Responsible for the registration processes, recording of student academic progress, scheduling course offerings and the physical facilities, preparing degree evaluations and certifying graduation, providing transcript services, and certifying attendance.