B.A. in Modern Languages
The Modern Languages Department offers a Modern Languages Major with the following Concentrations: French, Francophone Studies, Latin American Studies (with a track in Spanish-Speaking Latin America and a track in Brazil), Portuguese, an Spanish.
Students can also sign up for the following minors: French, Francophone Studies, Italian (this is a new program), Latin American Studies, Portuguese, and Spanish. All minors require completion of 20 credits.
View course details for:
- Concentration A: Francophone Studies
- Concentration B: French
- Concentration C: Latin American Studies (Track 1: Brazil; Track 2: Spanish-Speaking Latin America)
- Concentration D: Portuguese
- Concentration E: Spanish
Students in the Secondary Education Program have the same requirements as B.A. students who choose a Modern Languages Major, with the following exceptions:
- Secondary Education Students with a Modern Languages Major and a Concentration in French must take French 400, Applied Linguistics.
- Secondary Education Students with a Modern Languages Major with a Concentration in Spanish must take Spanish 400, Applied Linguistics.
In addition to completing required courses in Elementary Education, students electing a content Major in Modern Languages with a Concentration in French, Portuguese, or Spanish must complete the following courses:
- French 201, 202, 313, 323, 324, 400, 420, and two additional French courses at the 300-level or above. Total credit hours: 33
- Portuguese 201, 202, 301, 302, 303, 311 (or 312), 313, 320. Total credit hours: 31
- Spanish 201, 202, 310, 311, 312, 313, 400, 420, and one additional course at the 300-level or above. Total credits hours: 33