- Modern Languages Department
- Modern Languages Program
- World Languages Education, B.A.
- Language Placement
- General Education Second Language Requirement
- Academic RhodeMaps
- Language Clubs
- Student Resources
- Program Goals
- Senior Honors Projects
- Honors, Scholarships, and Awards
- Shinn Study Abroad Scholarship
The period from 1492 to independence's eve is examined. Topics include Amerindian culture, Iberian colonization, forced labor systems, and women's roles in the development of multiethnic societies in the post-conquest period.
3 credit hours
- completion of one of the following: HIST 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, or 161; or consent of department chair
Page last updated: October 2, 2006