Class of 2020 Commencement Walk & Celebration
- access_time -
- place Recreation Center at Rhode Island College
The Class of 2020 in-person commencement walk! We are excited to celebrate YOU!
Rhode Island College is hosting the Class of 2020 Commencement Walk on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021.
9-10 a.m. – Graduates and Guests Check-in
10-11:30 a.m. – Commencement Ceremony and Commencement Walk
Recreation Center at Rhode Island College
Rhode Island College is looking forward to welcoming the Class of 2020 and your guests back to your alma mater! We hope this is day full of wonderful memories
You may park in any parking lot adjacent to the Recreation Center. Parking lot in front of the Recreation Center (E3) will be closed to traffic. However, if a graduate or a guest needs to be dropped off at the front entrance to the Recreation Center, you may do so. Designated parking lot of those requiring assistance is lot E2.
Commencement Walk Program:
9am – 9:45am: Graduates and Guests check-in
10am: Class of 2020 Commencement Walk Ceremony begins
- Frank D. Sanchez, President, Rhode Island College
- Helen Tate, Provost, Rhode Island College
- Remarks from Dean of each School
- Commencement Walk – in the following order:
- Doctor in Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW)
- Other Master’s degrees
- Baccalaureate degrees:
- School of Nursing
- School of Social Work
- School of Business
- Feinstein School of Education and Human Development
- Faculty of Arts & Sciences
Once you approach the stage, please hand over your reader card to the name reader. As you walk across your name will be read.
Regalia is optional. You may wear most appropriate clothing that is suitable for a Commencement Walk.
If you already have regalia, you may wear to the ceremony. If you wish to purchase regalia, the College Bookstore is open on the following dates/times:
Thursday, September 23: 9am – 4pm
Friday, September 24: 9am – 2pm
Saturday, September 25: 8:30am – 12:30pm
Diploma Cover / Honor Cords:
If you wish to, you may bring your diploma, diploma case and honor cords(s) with you for the ceremony.
Official Commencement photographer, GradImages will be on hand to take your photo. If you wish to get your Commencement photo taken, hand over your reader card to the photographer.
Health & Safety Protocols:
Our main goal is to provide the Class of 2020 the opportunity to participate in the Commencement Walk, the safest possible manner. We will adhere to the following health and safety Protocols:
- CDC, RI Department of Health, and RIC Health & Safety guidelines will be followed strictly.
- ONLY pre-registered Class of 2020 graduates and their pre-registered guests may attend.
- Masks are required for graduates and guests at all times per RIDOH guidelines regardless of vaccination status inside the Recreation Center.
- Maintain 6ft of social distancing from those not in in the same family.
- You may be subjected to a Health & Safety screening prior to entering the Recreation Center.
Alumni Association Reception:
Once you receive complete your Commencement Walk and get your photo taken (optional) you may attend the RIC Alumni Association reception outside the Recreation Center.