Health Care Administration M.S.
Organizing, Financing and Management
The M.S. in health care administration focuses on the organization, financing and management of health-care organizations and the delivery of health-care services in the United States. This program will prepare you for management careers in health care in the private and public sectors, including careers in:
- long-term care
- home/community-based care
- health insurance
- public health
This program is also appropriate for those seeking positions in health policy.
Curriculum that Includes Internships and Faculty Facilitated Professional Opportunities
The curriculum focuses on leadership, performance improvement, organizational theory/behavior, health-care finance and law. An internship opportunity allows students to apply their classroom knowledge in a health-care setting. Numerous seminars, conferences and networking opportunities are made possible through faculty relationships with professional organizations and associations in the health-care industry.
The links below provide information on admission and course requirements, and course descriptions. Also see admission and course requirements for accelerated health administration program.
Admission and Course Requirements
Admission and Course Requirements for Accelerated Health Care Administration
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- effectively manage health services organizations under alternative financing mechanisms
- lead and manage others promoting teamwork and excellence in performance in health care organizations
- lead and manage human resources in diverse organizational environments
- promote and lead quality improvement initiatives in health care organizations
- manage health care organizations with integrity, ethical values and professionalism
- apply knowledge of health care issues and trends, standards and regulations to optimize the delivery of health services
- promote evidence-based practice in health care organizations
- promote innovation in health care delivery to improve quality and reduce cost
Health Care Administration Program
Twenty-three percent of new jobs created in Rhode Island are expected to be in health care. We help prepare you for management careers in health care.
- placeAlger Hall 201