Learn More about the School of Nursing
Who We Are
Whether it's in the classroom, our state-of-the-art simulation center, or the practice setting, we enhance student learning through a competency-based approach and innovative teaching methods.
The Zvart Onanian School of Nursing creates a collaborative environment for teaching and learning where a diverse community of students becomes empowered as leaders who enrich the health and well-being of individuals, families, communities, and populations across Rhode Island as well as regionally, nationally, and globally.
The Zvart Onanian School of Nursing develops exceptional and diverse professional nurses with the competencies to optimize health and well-being of individuals, families, communities, and populations through advocacy, innovative disruption, and transformation.
- Resilience: We nurture and support individuals to successfully adapt to change and challenging experiences through self-care, self-efficacy, and self-advocacy.
- Inclusivity: We embrace all individuals and promote an accepting, positive, collaborative and respectful culture that is equitable, diverse and socially just.
- Innovation: We strive to incorporate new ideas, processes, and approaches to education and practice within evolving healthcare systems
- Caring: We provide a compassionate, empathetic, respectful environment for individuals to work, grow, develop, and learn in a culture of kindness.
- Success: We provide support and opportunities for individuals to achieve academic excellence and foster personal, professional, and leadership development.