Applications to the program are due March 1 for fall admission or November 1 for spring admission. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered if space is still available in the program. Applicants should have completed a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field, with an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applicants may apply to the program if they are currently in their final semester of a bachelor’s degree.
You must apply through the Rhode Island College Graduate Studies application system.
Required Materials for Application:
- Completed online application accompanied by $50 nonrefundable fee
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Must demonstrate prior coursework in:
- Research methods
- At least three of the following areas: Cognitive/brain science (includes physiological psychology or neuroscience), human development, learning, personality, or social psychology
- Resume or CV
- Three academic or professional letters of recommendation
For more information, refer to the “Letters of Recommendation Information” tab under “Program Details”
- Written statement describing why you are interested in completing the Master of Psychology program, your research interests, your past coursework and/or research experiences that have prepared you for this program, your career goals, and how the Master of Psychology program is a good fit for those goals.
For more information, refer to the “Written Statement Information” tab under “Program Details”