The Math Learning Lab has peer tutors available Monday through Friday. We provide free tutoring for students in general education math courses and prerequisites.
Math Courses Available for Tutoring
The courses that are available for tutoring are Math 010, 120, 139, 143, 144, 177, 209, 210, 212, 213, 240, 248, and 314. We also provide tutoring for the Math Placement Exam, Praxis Math, GRE Math, and ACT Math. Students in upper level math courses should see their professor during office hours for assistance.
The Math Milestone is a prerequisite for all college level mathematics and lab science courses. This requirement must be fulfilled within your first year at the college.
There are multiple ways to meet the requirement:
- Appropriate placement on RIC’s Math Placement Exam (see Math Placement below)
- Successful completion of Math 010 or equivalent
- Transferring in a course equivalent to a RIC Math course (Math 010, 120, 139, 143, 177 or higher)
- Classic Accuplacer scores (test date prior to August 2018)
Elementary Algebra of at least 57
Arithmetic + Elementary Algebra sum of at least 107
- Next Generation Accuplacer scores
QAS (Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, Statistics) score of at least 250
If you took either Accuplacer at another school and met the minimum score requirements, please have the scores sent from your previous school to email@example.com. These scores can only be used for the math milestone, not for math placement.
Once you have satisfied the Math Milestone, you will have a Level 1 math placement.