First-Year Support Services
The Preparatory Enrollment Program (PEP) provides a comprehensive approach to supporting and advising students in order to enhance your experience during your first year at RIC. The program prides itself on being student centered by focusing on individual strengths and goals. Here at PEP, we encourage you to come as you are!
First-Year Academic Services
- Individual Advising: You will attend regular meetings with your PEP advisor from August-May to ensure fulfillment of first-year requirements and to discuss your academic progress as a first-year student. We will work together to identify resources and strategies that will enhance your success and experience as a student
- Resource Center and Lending Library: We welcome students to utilize our laptop rental program, and the desktops located in the Student Support Services’ Resource Center. We have Math textbooks and calculators available to borrow in office
- College Major Exploration Series: During Wednesday Free Period in the spring semester, undecided PEP students can explore various majors through Q&A’s with department faculty members
- Wednesday Community Hour: Every Wednesday we hold community events and workshops during free period
Support Beyond Your First-Year
We are invested in your success as a student at Rhode Island College, PEP students who have completed their first year are encouraged to remain in contact with the program. Services and opportunities for upper-class PEP students include:
- Access to Individual Advising and Support
- Participation in PEP events, including College Major Exploration Series, Wednesday Community Hour and FAFSA Friday's during FAFSA renewal season
“The PEP program provided me with a community and the support I needed at RIC during my first year. I made a bond with other students during the summer, and my advisor is helpful whenever I have questions or need assistance with anything.”
- 2022 PEP Student
PEP provides a comprehensive approach to supporting and advising students in order to enhance their experience during their first year at RIC. The program prides itself on being student centered by focusing on individual strengths and goals. Here at PEP, we encourage students to come as they are!