|Module 1: Introductory Workshop||1/8/21|
|Module 2: Amarika Case Study||2/12/21|
|Module 3: Juan Case Study||3/12/21|
|Module 4: Geraldine Case Study||4/9/21|
|Module 5: Ibrahim Case Study||5/14/21|
|Module 6: James Case Study||6/11/21|
|Module 7: Evidence-Informed Tx Model - Cognitive Behavior Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)||7/9/21|
|Module 8: Evidence-Informed Tx Model - Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP)||8/13/21|
|Module 9: Evidence-Informed Tx Model - Community Resiliency Model (CRM)||9/10/21|
|Module 10: Evidence-Informed Tx Model - Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior (TF-CBT)||10/8/21|
|Module 11: Evidence-Informed Tx Model - Trauma Systems Therapy (TST)||11/12/21|
|Module 12: Clinical Trauma Evaluation and Use of Standardized Tools||12/10/21|
2 Content Modules
- Introductory session (For all attendees) to bring Interdisciplinary members together, and familiarize them with common assessment tools.
- Case evaluation using evidence-based assessment tools.
5 Case Studies Modules
Taken from real cases of children experiencing traumatic life events, these five case studies focus upon assessment and treatment of child/adolescent reaction to traumatic life events.
- Pre-verbal, 18-month-old child exposed to public violence.
- Three-year-old toddler experiencing child sexual abuse.
- Nine-year-old experiencing the death of her mother at the hands of her father.
- Ten-year-old experiencing physical trauma after immigration with prior trauma in homeland.
- Thirteen-year-old experiencing physical abuse at hands of father.
5 Treatment Modules
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP). A coaching model that supports the relationship between the parent and 0-5-year-old child to combat negative effects of trauma.
- Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS). This group-based, trauma-informed group model targets middle-school-aged children to develop healthy self-soothing skills so they can return to classes and stabilize themselves. Parents and teachers are briefly engaged in this model.
- Community Resiliency Model (CRM). A trauma recovery model that can be taught to children, adolescents and adults using psycho-education and personal resources/supports that counteract the negative effects of a sympathetic nervous system response. This model does not require the client to reconstruct a trauma narrative.
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). A manualized trauma informed version of cognitive behavioral therapy engaging the child or adolescent and a parent or caregiver in individual sessions following a mnemonic (PRACTICE) which outlines the stages of sessions.
- Trauma Systems Treatment (TST). A trauma informed version of multisystemic therapy. This model targets behavioral post-trauma disturbances of children and adolescents.