The School of Social Work at Rhode Island College is a center of excellence for lifelong learning in social work and human services in Rhode Island and southeastern New England.
- placeGuardo Hall - Building 9 East Campus
The School of Social Work at Rhode Island College prepares practitioners to work with oppressed groups, to alleviate injustice, discrimination and poverty; to create social policies and resources that meet basic human needs and enhance the quality of life; and to create accessible, responsible, accountable human service programs.
Our faculty's depth of knowledge and experience combined with their sincere commitment to approach students as colleagues enable the School of Social Work to maintain its reputation for graduating highly employable and passionate social workers. United by our professional values and principles, we deliver a rigorous academic program and graduate superior social workers who collectively work to enhance the human experience.
Make a Bold Choice!
If our social work core values resonate with you, and you have a desire to enhance the lives of others, especially vulnerable and oppressed populations, we encourage you to apply to our program. Our application process is open Sept. 1 through Feb. 1.
Featured News & Stories
Alicia Ead is a busy professional. Her specialties are twofold: autism education and working with high-risk, crisis-level psychiatric patients.
Pauline managed to find help in some of the unique supports RIC provides, like Learning for Life and Project ExCEL
General Resources and Forms
Field Education Resources and Forms
- B.S.W. Field Education Manual
- B.S.W. Junior Field Instructor Evaluation
- B.S.W. Junior Learning Contract
- B.S.W. Senior Field Instructor Evaluation
- B.S.W. Senior Learning Contract
- B.S.W. Work Proposal Guidelines
- M.S.W. Application to Field Placement I
- M.S.W. Application to Field Placement II
- M.S.W. Field Education Manual
- M.S.W. First Year Contract
- M.S.W. Learning Contract Addendum
- M.S.W. Second Year Clinical Contract
- M.S.W. Second Year Macro Contract
- M.S.W. Work Proposal Guidelines