Bannister Gallery Visitor Information
ABOUT BANNISTER GALLERY
Since November 1978, the Edward Mitchell Bannister Gallery at Rhode Island College has been in continuous operation with exhibitions of contemporary art by local, regional, and internationally renowned artists. The gallery was previously located in the Adams Library and the Art Department before relocating in September 2000 to the Roberts Hall / Nazarian Center for the Performing Arts complex. An adjacent hallway display area was created in 2002 and is used as either an extension of the main exhibition space or for separate shows of works on paper, photos, and small paintings. Today, Bannister Gallery presents a program of 7-8 exhibitions per academic year.
Monday-Friday, noon-8 p.m. (when exhibitions are on view)
GENERAL VISITOR INFORMATION
- Bannister Gallery is free to everyone, including students, faculty, staff, and members of the public.
- The gallery is fully wheelchair accessible. Additional reasonable accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities with 72 hours notice.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the gallery.
- Please do not touch the artwork unless specifically invited to by the artist or gallery staff.
- Large backpacks, umbrellas, etc. should be left at the front door with gallery staff for the duration of your visit.
- Photography (without flash) is allowed unless specifically noted otherwise.
- As an educational art gallery, Bannister Gallery does not sell artwork, but staff can provide contact information for the artist upon request.