Dance Audition Information
Auditions are Coming Up!
Auditions are required for music, theatre and dance majors at Rhode Island College.
Please Note: You don't need to wait to be admitted to RIC in order to audition, but we recommend that you at least have your Admissions application completed by your audition date.
Performance is your passion. Pursue it!
Please Note: It is recommended that you arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork.
Please be prepared to take a 60-minute dance class that consists of ballet and modern dance.
- Dancers should wear form fitting clothing that shows the lines of the body. Please no oversized clothing.
- Dancers will need both ballet slippers and bare feet for the audition.
What to Prepare
- Please bring a headshot of your choosing and two photos of yourself in two dance poses of your choosing that shows lines of the body (i.e., arabesque, tendu, attitude, etc.).
- Please bring a letter stating why the Rhode Island College Dance Program is of interest to you.
- Please prepare a 1–2-minute solo of your choosing. All dance styles are welcome, though we prefer tap dance not be performed for auditions. You may use music of your choice and we have both a CD player and a smart phone capability.