The mission of the Office of Student Financial Aid is to assist students and their families in funding educational costs at Rhode Island College.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Complete Your FAFSA with an Expert on FAFSA Fridays
Work Directly with a Financial Aid Officer
FAFSA Fridays will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on:
- February 3rd, February 10th, February 17th, February 24th
- March 3rd, March 10th
Appointments can be walk-in or you can schedule one ahead of time. You can also call us at 401-456-8033 with any questions.
Bring these Documents for You and Your Parents:
- your FSA ID (user name and password)
- 2022-2023 FAFSA bring your 2020 federal tax forms
- 2023-2024 FAFSA bring your 2021 federal tax forms
We are committed to removing financial barriers that would otherwise prevent students from achieving their educational goals. In addition, we strive to deliver high quality services with professional competency and concern. Respect for the dignity of students and the privacy of confidential information is central to our mission, and we are dedicated to the equitable treatment of all applicants.
Most of the financial aid available at Rhode Island College is based on financial need. Financial need is simply the difference between your cost of attending Rhode Island College and the amount that you and your family is expected to contribute toward that cost.
Submit your FAFSA form
Federal Student Aid [FSA] is education funding from the federal government (Department of Education). Federal student aid funds may cover tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Types of federal student aid include grants, work-study and direct loans.
Links and Resources
Financial Aid Information
- Complete the FAFSA On-Line
- FinAid - The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- Federal Aid First Brochure (covers the advantages of federal student loans)
- Federal Direct Consolidation Loan Information Center
- Federal Direct Loan Electronic Master Promissory Note web site
- Federal Student Aid
- Net Price Calculator