Host Your Event at RIC
Whether you’re a faculty or staff member or outside sponsor looking to host an event, RIC’s Office of College Events and Conference Services (CECS) can help you select from RIC’s campus facilities and assist with planning, promoting and catering your event.
Centrally located in the capital city, RIC’s 180-acre campus offers big-city advantages for anyone who is hosting an event. RIC is only minutes away from downtown Providence, a half-hour drive from Newport, an hour drive from Boston and a three-hour drive from New York City. Moreover, its facilities accommodate a wide range of events and community group activities. RIC’s meeting spaces include:
- Alger Hall 110, a multipurpose room
- Donovan Dining Center, with a 750 seating capacity
- Gaige Hall 100, an auditorium with a 340 seating capacity
- Gaige Hall 200, a multipurpose room
- Helen Forman Theatre, a black-box theater with a 200 seating capacity
- Roberts Hall Auditorium, with a 943 seating capacity
- Sapinsley Hall, with a 422 seating capacity and a concert shell for seating up to 120 performers
Events are coordinated through CECS, located in the Welcome Center at the Mt. Pleasant entrance to the college. Newly established in 2018, this office has as its mission to “produce the highest quality conferences, events and performances that impact and celebrate Rhode Island College.”
Service providers include RIC Catering (Donovan Dining Center), the Office of College Communications and Marketing, User Support Services, Facilities & Operations, Residential Life, Athletics, the Student Union and Security and Safety.