The Department of Health and Physical Education offers innovative undergraduate and graduate programs for students interested in improving health status and promoting wellness and fitness in school and/or community settings.
- placeThe Murray Center
Are you interested in a career in helping others achieve an optimal level of health, fitness or wellness? Rhode Island College’s Department of Health and Physical Education helps you achieve that goal. We offer undergraduate degrees in:
- Community and public health promotion for students who want to influence the health of individuals and communities through education initiatives, policy changes and health promotion programs.
- Health education, which leads to Pre-K-12 teacher certification.
- Physical education, which leads to Pre-K-12 teacher certification.
- Wellness and exercise science for students interested in using movement and applied science to improve individuals’ well-being and quality of life.
We also offer a graduate degree in health education, which prepares professionals to design, implement and evaluate health promotion and health education in school, community and public health settings.
Learn how RIC encourages students to Be Bold!
Rhode Island College is an exclusive member of the Common Application. All students applying for undergraduate admission must complete the Common Application. This includes freshmen, second degree students, re-admits and international applicants.
Featured News & Stories
Being multilingual in today’s world opens many doors and brings many more opportunities
When COVID shut down his indoor gym, Shane Crellin took it outside and then made it mobile.
- Academic Advising
- Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
- HPE Resources
- HPE Student Club
- Student Employment and Internships
- Student Handbook
- Study Abroad