The Department of Health and Physical Education offers innovative undergraduate and graduate programs for students interested in improving health status and promoting wellness and fitness in school and/or community settings.
- placeThe Murray Center
Are you interested in a career in helping others achieve an optimal level of health, fitness or wellness? Rhode Island College’s Department of Health and Physical Education helps you achieve that goal. We offer undergraduate degrees in:
- Community and public health promotion for students who want to influence the health of individuals and communities through education initiatives, policy changes and health promotion programs.
- Health education, which leads to Pre-K-12 teacher certification.
- Physical education, which leads to Pre-K-12 teacher certification.
- Wellness and exercise science for students interested in using movement and applied science to improve individuals’ well-being and quality of life.
We also offer a graduate degree in health education, which prepares professionals to design, implement and evaluate health promotion and health education in school, community and public health settings.
Learn how RIC encourages students to Be Bold!
Rhode Island College is an exclusive member of the Common Application. All students applying for undergraduate admission must complete the Common Application. This includes freshmen, second degree students, re-admits and international applicants.
Featured News & Stories
Her bilingualism was crucial in being able to connect with the Latino community
Una nueva beca en memoria de una querida directora de Central Falls ayudará a aquellos estudiantes de Rhode Island College interesados en estudiar educación física.
- Academic Advising
- Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
- HPE Websites
- HPE Student Club
- Student Employment and Internships
- Student Handbook
- Study Abroad
- Praxis 5551 Study Guide
- PE Study Guide
- RIC HPE Teacher Preparation Guidance