- Students must complete the College Mathematics and Writing Requirements.**
- Students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in courses taken at all colleges/universities.
- Students must have completed BIOL 231, CHEM 106, and PSYCH 230, with a minimum grade of C and a minimum overall grade point average of 2.67 (B-) in the three courses.
* Students may apply to the nursing program no more than three times.
** Refer to the Rhode Island College Catalog for descriptions of the Math Competency and Writing Requirements.
Students who anticipate enrolling in beginning nursing courses – NURS 220 and NURS 222 – for the Fall Semester need to submit a Nursing Program Application Form by the deadline that is on the application.
Students who anticipate enrolling in beginning nursing courses – NURS 220 and NURS 222 – for the Spring Semester need to submit a Nursing Program Application Form by the deadline that is on the application.
- Students must submit a Nursing Program Application Form signed by their faculty advisor by the deadline that is on the application.
- Students must attach a student copy of their current Rhode Island College transcript. Transfer students must attach transcripts with grades for all courses taken elsewhere – an official or legible student copy is acceptable.
- Students must email their completed application with attached transcripts electronically to their faculty advisor prior to the deadline for applications (this date can be found on the application). The faculty advisor will review the application materials and make an appointment to discuss the application with the student. The advisor will then submit the application and transcripts to the School of Nursing.
- Students who choose to withdraw their application to the nursing program must submit the completed "Withdrawal of Application" form. The fillable form should be submitted electronically to NursingAdmissions@ric.edu.