Consider the Center as your one stop shop for learning the ins and outs of your GI Bill Benefits, navigating systems of higher education, and finding community as your earn your degree.
We want you to walk away knowing all the programs and services available to you, and feel affirmed of your service. Stop by the Military Resource Center early and often, we're here to serve YOU.
Before you proceed to the Common App to apply to Rhode Island College, we recommend that you submit an Application for Military Students, which supports military students before you even enter college.
This application will assist:
- Connecting you to Veteran Services on campus
- Learning about the orientation program and how to tailor your experience
- Waive the $50 application fee
- If you have a Ch 33 or Ch 31 VA benefits, the $200 enrollment fee will be covered
- If you are using 1606, Ch 30, Ch 35, STAP or DAV waivers, you will be responsible for paying the enrollment deposit with the Bursar
Student veterans are encouraged to make an appointment or come by the Veteran Resource Center offices to ensure a smooth transition into the College.
Step 1: Activate Benefits & Apply for Admission
* Note * Some previous military training could be evaluated for college credit, you could be awarded up to 4 traditional credits for standard military training time - contact the RIC Admissions office for more information.
Step 2: Enrollment & Certification of Benefits
- Once enrolled, all PBA students should contact their advisors located in the Oasis office to complete writing and math placements
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to RIC's VA Certifying Official
- Priority registration is offered to students using their military education benefits
Step 3: Financial Aid
Step 4 Maintain Verification
- Make sure to verify your attendance every month with Chapters 30, 1606 and 1607 either over the phone at (877) 823-2378 or online
- If you enrollment changes, please contact RIC's VA Certifying Official immediately (this includes adding course, dropping courses, withdrawing or receiving incomplete grades)
* Note * Guard and Reserve Members - STAP waivers must be submitted to the Office of the Bursar.
If faculty or staff members have additional questions or need additional support for their veteran students, please contact our office.