Early Spring registration begins for degree students on Monday, November 10 and on Monday, November 27 for non-degree students.
Early spring classes run from Tuesday, December 26, 2023–Friday, January 12, 2024.
Before you Register
Prepare to Meet with your Advisor
In preparation for meeting with your advisor, it's good to review which courses you should register for. You can do this by reviewing your major's Academic Rhode Map, or logging in to MyRIC and clicking on Student Center. At the top of this page you'll see an Academics area, and you'll want to select "Academic Advisement Report" from the drop-down menu there. You should then look at the Early Spring/Spring Course Bulletin to see when courses that you need to take will be offered.
Meet with your Advisor
All current students have a Universal Advising Hold prior to registration. You will only be able to register once you have met with your advisor. To find out who your advisor is:
- login to MyRIC
- click on "Student Center"
- on the right, look under "Advisor"
If you do not have an advisor, contact your major's department.
How to Register
- all current students can register for classes using MyRIC
- log in to MyRIC, click "Enrollment," and then click “Add Class” in the left-hand navigation
- click to view your "Class Schedule" after you have added your classes for Fall 2023
- students who require assistance with accessing online registration should contact the Disability Services Center at 401-456-2776. If you forgot your ID or password, have trouble accessing your account, or have general registration questions contact the Records Office at 401-456-8213.
New Non-Degree Students
If you have never attended RIC, you will need to create an account by completing the Non-Degree Online Registration Account Form. You will then:
- receive an email that contains a MyRIC user ID and directions on how to create your password
- login to MyRIC (using your user ID and password) and register for your course by going to "Enrollment" and then "Add Class" in the left-hand navigation
Course Cancelation and Add/Drop Deadlines
Should RIC need to cancel a course that is scheduled to be offered, we will do so by December 12. If you need to add or drop a course, that must be done no later than the day after the first day of that class.